But seriously, I'm making myself miserable by pretty much breaking ties with many lovely internet friends who I communicated with through dA, and that is just silly. I have to stop wallowing in my own disappointment at my lack of art production, and actually just talk to you lovely people and give feedback on all of YOUR amazing work!
I doubt that many people will see this but if you do, regardless of whether I knew you well, or only a little, or even if we haven't spoken at all yet, I am genuinely interested in how you are doing! If you want to say about something exciting that's happened, or general life goings on, or if you just want to rant about something, that's absolutely fine! I'm happy to hear about anything and everything, I want to get back into the swing of things here c:
1. What's your favourite hobby?
- Oh man, I guess making art is still my favourite hobby. Especially finishing a really detailed picture, it gives a really nice feeling of accomplishment c:
(If it was most interesting hobby, that would have been rifle shooting. I do .22 indoor target shooting)
2. What do you do for your job?
- I am a Graphic Designer and Illustrator for a global healthcare company, I've worked there for just over a year now.
3. What is your dream job?
- I really would love to do natural history/scientific illustration. Something that incorporates my love of art, details, science and nature.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go?
- There's a really lovely cafe that my boyfriend and I found last time we were on the Isle of Wight. Being back there on a nice sunny day would be awesome c:
5. Do you have any pets?
- Personally, no. But my mum has a Beagle puppy called Gracie.
6. Favourite bird of prey species?
- Harpy Eagles look pretty bad-ass : D
7. Favourite movie right now?
- I've not seen any films recently, but one that has always stuck out to me is The Shawshank Redemption. Really iconic, and such a good story, very sad in parts though.
8. Sweet or sour?
- Sweet! Definitely. Sour just makes me make ridiculous faces.
9. Coke or Pepsi?
- Coke. Plus, Cherry Coke is good for special occasions.
10. Why are you doing this tag?
- It's been too long since I was last on dA, I logged in and saw I had been tagged. I thought it would be fun c:
I will tag ...
(I've not been around much, so I am not sure if all of you do tags. If not I'm sorry for bothering you guys. You don't have to do the questions c:> )
... and my questions are ...
1 - What kind of artist were you when you first joined dA? (like what was the main thing you drew, what style, what medium)
2 - What do you like most about your own art work?
3 - What are your main inspirations for your art work?
4 - What do you do for a job?
5 - What country do you live in?
6 - What is the weather like right now?
7 - What is currently your favourite TV show?
8 - Clothes: What's most important to you, Function or Fashion?
9 - Favourite Pizza toppings?
10 - If you could do anything or go anywhere right now, what would you do?
1. You must post These rules.
2. Each person Has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put Their icons in your journal.
5. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
6. No tag-backs.
7. You can not say That You do not do tags.
8. You MUST make a journal entry!
Such a stressful experience! Lawyers, Estate Agents, Home Insurance, argh! It's taken a while to get sorted out, but it is now officially ours
We've been to various shops this week trying to find kitchen appliances and furniture that isn't too expensive, the bed and fridge/freezer will be delivered next week so we'll actually be able to move into the house after that c:
I just wanted to explain where I've been. I'll begin catching up on my messages and commenting on all of you guys' lovely artwork soon
Do your plans involve art, or is art just your hobby?
If it does, what kind of area are you hoping to get into?
Graphic Design at an agency, freelance illustrator, paint what you want and sell your work as a fine artist?
I've just been quite concerned recently, because I really don't know what I want to be.
I know I want to have a job related to illustration and science, but I'm still trying to figure out what that is.
If you know what you want to be (or already are), or are like me, and aren't quite sure yet, I'd love to hear about it c:
In October, after seeing flashing lights and a weird shadow in my peripheral vision, it turns out that the retina in my right eye had started to detach. I found out that I have had holes in both my retinas for a long time, which have only recently gotten worse. I have now had surgery on both of my eyes, saving my vision.
I'm sure that some people would approach not going blind with a new lease of life, make the most of each moment of sight, and so on, but it's hard to do that while my eyes still aren't back to normal (my glasses prescription keeps changing as they're healing) and I'm still getting used to the four, new, permanent blind spots in my vision. It's not something you can expect someone to bounce back from with new found purpose like they do in the movies.
I'll start being active and commenting and favouriting again. I had been working up to doing some more art, but then this all happened, so there wont be any drawing from me for the time being.
I hope that everyone understands.
I know I just need to get a grip, calm down and do some drawing. But it's one of those annoying things where you worry so much about it not being perfect, that it's easier and less scary to not do anything at all - that way you can't fail.
That is the most awful and unproductive way to think about it, and I hate that it is how I act. I really want to break through this way of thinking and get back to drawing consistently and actually enjoying it too.
I want to apologise I haven't submitted anything in so long, and also say sorry to Bandarai for making her wait for such an unacceptably long time for my half of our art trade. I have not forgotten about it and will finish it, I hope I have not annoyed you too much with my rubbishness :c
But that is why I have been away for so long. It has been super hard to get back into dA since the trapped nerve in my spine as I wasn't allowed to sit up or use a computer for a long time. I have had real issues with my motivation since then.
It's one of those things where you don't do something and then you keep putting it off because you feel so bad about not doing it, but the longer you wait the worse you feel, and the more you dread coming back to it even though you know you should :c
I will put a real effort in to looking at all of the pictures and journals everyone has been submitting and will be getting back on track with my own stuff shortly too :3
That’s why I’ve been absent all this week.
Just as I decide to draw some pictures and make a cosplay and do some exercise, I get an agonising back condition meaning I can’t even sit up for any amount of time for days and days :c
I’ve been off work all this week as well, which is annoying as I’ve only been there 2 months. But it was impossible to work at all, even from home. I had been unable to sleep at all on Monday night, the pain in my hands and arms was just awful, it was like being electrocuted through my hands and travelling up my arms and into my back.
Before I went to the doctors on Tuesday morning I did try to work. But for those three hours it was about 20% drawing, and 80% screaming in a home office.
So that wasn’t exactly wildly successful :<
I had been panicking that the pain in my hands wouldn’t go away. Hand injury is one of the worst fears for an illustrator I’d say. But it seems to have subsided, it’s just my back that’s killing me now.
There were a lot of things I wanted to do this week, it’s typical really ;^;
What I did see was nice though, it had been snowing and the brightly painted wooden houses looked so sweet all dusted with snow! I wish I could have taken some proper photos.